About the CFMEU
The Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union (CFMEU) is Australia's main trade union in building and construction, forestry and furnishing products and mining and energy production.
The CFMEU has offices in all capital cities in Australia and in many major regional centres. The union has over 100,000 members across Australia.
There are three Divisions of the CFMEU which cover workers employed in the construction and building industry, the forestry and furnishing products industry and the mining and energy industries.
- Construction and General Division
- Forestry and Furnishing Products Division
- Mining and Energy Division
About the CFMEU Forestry, Furnishing, Building Products and Manufacturing Division
The CFMEU FFPD has members in all areas of the Forestry, Furnishing, Building Products and Manufacturing Industries.
- Forest Growing & Management
- Sawmilling & Processing
- Reconstituted Wood Fibre Board & Panel Product Manufacturing
- Pulp & Paper Manufacturing
- Timber Merchandising/Retailing
- Engineering & Fabricating Products Manufacturing
- Soft Furnishing
- Floor Covering
- Picture Framing
- Cabinet Making
- Glass & Glazing
Members work outdoors in forests, inside factories, on building sites and everywhere wood, paper and building products can be found.
Click on the links below to visit the Construction or Mining & Energy Division websites: